The Wilderness road (Vildmarksvägen) leads from the municipality Strömsund 140 km to the Norwegian border, thereafter north through the Frostviken mountains over the high mountain plateau of Stekenjokk and back east to the community Vilhelmina. All attractions in the Strömsund Municipality are reached from the Wilderness road.
- Strömsunds Homestead Museum (Hembygdsgård)
- Hällingsåfallet waterfall, close to Gäddede
- Ankarede Sami Church village
- Rid i Jorm – Adventures on icelandic horses
- Bjurälvens Natural Reserve with ”the invisible river”
- Korallgrottan – One of Sweden´s longest caves (+6km long)
- Strömsund community is a part of Saepmie, and is Sweden´s sixth largest community.
- More bears per square kilometer than anywhere else…
Travel to Strömsund
By car or bus. Trains to Strömsund in summer (Inlandsbanan). Fly to Åre/Östersund airport or South Lapland airport in Vilhelmina and transfer by taxi or rental car.
Tourist Information in Strömsund & Frostviken
Strömsund community has authorized Tourist Informations in Strömsund and in Gäddede with strategically placed InfoPoints around the community.
E-mail to Strömsund Tourist Information
+46 (0)570 – 164 00
E-mail to Gäddede Tourist Information
+46 (0)672 – 105 00